Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Numbers Are In

Thank you so much for all the support, comments, and prayers! It must be working, because the results from today's blood test were good.

We were hoping the HCG would rise to at least 4,932 and it went well beyond that - 10,165! We are also still monitoring progesterone. The nurse had me cut my supplements in half and only use a half-dose each night this week, so we were expecting my progesterone level to drop, but it actually increased from 78 to 82! So my doctor is taking me off the progesterone supplements completely and we're going to do another blood test next Wednesday.

It's really exciting to see such good numbers, but I know it's certainly no guarantee of a healthy baby. I'm only 5 weeks pregnant. We're still very early in this process and the last baby stopped developing at 6 1/2 weeks so we're not ready to go onsie shopping yet. Please continue to pray for this baby (it seems to be working!) and I'll update the blog again when I have more news.

2 comments: