Friday, August 3, 2012

Last Blood Test

I had my last blood test (at least for awhile) on Wednesday. I have to admit that I chickened out when the nurse called with the results. I get really obsessed with the numbers game and last week's numbers were so good that I just wanted to remember those. The doctor will tell me anything over a 67% rise per 48 hours is good (they like to be extra positive so they don't freak out the pregnant ladies), but I know it's much more reassuring if the numbers double every 48 hours. I didn't want to spend my weekend doing the math over and over again in my head, so I asked the nurse to just tell me if they were happy with the numbers, rather than giving me the actual numbers. She said the numbers were good and the doctor said I didn't need to take any more blood tests for hormone levels now. It's on to the ultrasound! We scheduled the ultrasound for Monday at 9:45.

This is the part of my pregnancies when time really slows down - the last few days waiting for that ultrasound to tell us if this is "the one" or another heartbreak. My goal is to stay as busy as possible and hope the time flies by.

Thanks for the continued prayers, thoughts, and support! I'll update again after the ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment