Monday, August 6, 2012

The Ultrasound

We had the ultrasound this morning and it went very well! The baby measured exactly 7 weeks, with a strong heart rate (122 bpm). The doctor said that was perfect, but given my history, she wants us to come back in two weeks for a follow-up ultrasound. If everything looks good then, we'll be released to a regular OB!

While I was so happy things went well today, I have to admit that I don't feel as much relief as I thought I would. After everything that has happened, it's hard to believe we might finally get the healthy baby we've been waiting for. I really look forward to getting excited about this baby, but I'm still a little cautious for now.

I'm only 7 weeks along, but I'm hoping if we can make it to 12 weeks, I'll start breathing a little easier. For now, I'm trying to enjoy the fact that this is the furthest we've made it in a pregnancy since Claire. We're definitely on the right track.

Thanks for all the prayers and support!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany- you, Josh, and Claire are in my prayers. Mamadi and I had 2 previous miscarriages before this one and I am now at 20 weeks with our baby boy! With each challenge and loss we learned something new to increase our chances the next go around. I know the ups and downs can be emotionally exhausting, but stay positive and things will work out the way they are supposed to. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nicole! And congratulations on your baby boy! It's so great to hear from people who have made it to the other side of this journey - it really gives me hope through this process. Maybe we'll be where you are in a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great news! Prayers are continuing :) So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete